Thursday, May 27, 2004

Just call me Errand Boy

Now that I'm done with my job at IU, I've been focusing on getting stuff done. Yeah - stuff: Paperwork that is required for getting a visa in Austria, packing boxes, trying to sell or get rid of the last few straggler things we aren't taking to Austria or storing, and just doing things that Anne can't do since she's at school. Her last day is a week from this Friday. It's been a good feeling, tackling so many things in a day. It makes my sense of accomplishment move up in the rankings. That's nice, but really, I need to put my sense of accomplishment in God and the fact that he is arranging all the parts to make all of this happen. He created the universe, and he sustains it - things in nature, governments, interpersonal relationships, and even directions and steps of individual lives. If wasn't for him in my life, it would be at best, pointless. My life would be just getting by, maybe feeling good about things in life, but really, just like walking on thin ice. I am not the one that holds myself up. Even my physical body is in God's hands. Amazing, how we get so caught up in the activities of life and forget how God does things. Thanks God, for loving me, choosing me, adopting me as your child, and sustaining my life. You brought me up out of the pit of being alone and in a downward spiral, out of the miry clay.
Help me not forget.

No comments: