Thursday, November 04, 2004

WOWZERS!!

An awesome thing happened yesterday!! Two students decided to commit to following Jesus with their life!! Both are new students, speak very little English (they speak German, actually), and are brother and sister. I think their nationality is Macedonian or something in the Balkans, but they are Austrian. The boy, Dejan (day YAWN) is in my PE class and his sister Sonja is in my 7th grade Bible class. I could see a difference today in the light in their faces. And I feel privileged to just be a part of their lives and exposure to Jesus - the way the truth and the life. If you remember, a few weeks ago, I mentioned Dejan (I think) as the student who said I was his favorite teacher. I think that was just because I spoke to him in German and most teachers at the school don't speak much German. He's a cool kid, just gets distracted easily. I guess that's not rare with Jr. Highers. :)

Another awesome thing is that I've been getting to know another 7th grader named Rifat (RE faht) from Bangledesh. He's in my PE and Bible class - very smart and much bigger than all the other kids. He's Muslim and has been celebrating Ramadan. But he also believes some things about Jesus and the Bible. He and I met during lunch (but we didn't eat) to talk about some questions he has. He's really feeling stuck in the middle of both religions and seems to genuinely want to know the truth.

Please pray for these three kids if you can. Dejan, Sonja, and Rifat. Maybe I'll get a picture of them on here sometime. :)

No comments: