Saturday, March 19, 2005

Please Pray

I've been given a great opportunity in a relationship I have with a 7th grade student of mine. It's probably not necessary, but I'm going to call him Ronald instead of using his real name. Ronald is from a Muslim family but has been going to VCS for a few years. He's met with a few different teachers over the years to talk about the Bible, God, faith, etc. Well, he's asked to meet with me recently. Today was the 3rd time, during lunch.

He has great thinking questions, many based on what he's been taught or read about in a booklet he has that compares Islam and Christianity from a Muslim perspective. He asked me to read it over the next week or 2, so I plan to do that. Then we can discuss more things.

Today he also told me that he is stuck in the middle of Christianity and Islam. He hears a lot from both sides, but says he truly wants to know the truth. He also said every time he prays, he starts with asking God to show him what the right way is and that God would show everyone in the world the right way.

So please pray with me for "Ronald" and myself as I read this book and interact with him on these things. Dankeschoen!!!!!

No comments: