Sunday, November 27, 2005

Weekend in The Hague

I just realized today that I haven't been blogging...so here goes!

I got back late Sunday night from the ECIS conference in The Hague. It was jam packed with learning. I told my students on Monday that I just went to school from 8 to 6 four days in a row. They were impressed, hehe. Really, though, I learned SO MUCH more than I could ever implement this school year. Representatives were there from the International School of Bangkok, Prague, Brussels, The Hague, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Saudi Arabia, and so many more. They imparted wisdom to me and other teachers about teaching science, using portfolios, new books for kids, and having students lead their parent-teacher conferences to name a few. I am really thankful that VCS paid for me to attend this learning-fest! The four of us that went are planning to share all that we learned with our staff during the next few staff meetings.

No comments: