Friday, October 19, 2007

A Few Photos!




Well, Chris's mom, Judy, so kindly sent us some photos from their visit last week, so here you go! Cole loves his new room, and as you can see we're giving the big boy bed a whirl. Here's the short version of the story...
We had a babysitter about 2 weeks ago. Chris and I went out to dinner to celebrate our 5th anniversary. Yay! Anyway, when we got home, Jade, our babysitter who I've known since she was born, told us that she was nervous that the ground below where Cole was sleeping was really hard and that he may jump out. I was puzzled, because up until then Cole been sleeping in his crib. I dismissed the conversation and told her not to worry because he's never tried to jump out of his bed before. Later, we were laying in bed almost asleep when I knew I had to just check on Cole to see if Jade had in fact put him in the twin bed in his room. So I tiptoed to Cole's room, opened the creaky door, and sure enough, he was sound asleep in his twin bed that I hadn't planned on trying for another month or two. We decided to just leave him there until the morning and see what would happen. Just like normal, Cole woke up around 8 when we walked into his room. The first thing he said was "nice night." There you have it, folks. Our first foray into the big boy bed world. I immediately drove to Target that morning and bought a safety rail for Cole's bed because I can't tell you how many times I woke up that first night waiting for a huge THUD from Cole smacking the floor in the middle of a sound sleep. Scary!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! The house looks great and so does the happy family. Anne, you look super!

love, Betsy