Friday, November 16, 2007

Picture This





A pregnant mom, me, with an energetic on-the-move toddler, Cole, who LOVES tools, sitting on the front porch hammering nails into a random board from our basement. It's cold, leaves are blowing, and Cole is more focused than he has been on anything all day! I got this idea from our friends', the VanArendonks, blog (thanks!), and it was a huge hit! Cole has been super interested in tools since we moved into our house, so I'm not sure why it took me this long to get him practicing with real tools on his own. It's funny how kids know the difference between real and fake tools. Don't worry, no fingers were smashed, and thankfully, Chris showed up a couple minutes after we started so I was only the camera woman after that. Whew! I know so much more about dolls and playing house than I do about tools and cars. Raising boys is definitely going to be a continual adventure for me!
Chris has also been teaching Cole how to snuff candles. When Chris was growing up, his grandparents had a special candle holder on their dining room table. Chris and his sister used to fight over who could snuff the candles after a meal. Well, we now have that famous candle holder on our table, and since Cole has no one to fight with yet, he gets to learn to snuff. He's surprisingly good at it! It's fun to hear him shout, "snuff the candles, daddy!"

No comments: