Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Clementines

Man, I feel sorta ashamed for being such a new-comer to clementines, considering I grew up in Orange County. When I thought of oranges, what came to mind were those baseball - softball sized things that took me about 20 minutes to peel. I think that kept me from really getting into eating oranges. Well, lo and behold, God created clementines too! I think the first time I had them was in Austria, but since have learned to love them here in the US. I think the beautiful thing about them is that they are so easy to peel! And I think somehow it appeals to my desire to have a sense of accomplishment. I mean, it only takes a few seconds to peel off big pieces of peel. Anne and I have been buying those mini-crates of them for a while now. Yum.
I think I also like the potential they have to be hucked/chucked/geworfen.

So the next time you're at your local grocer, pick up some of those little clementine puppies. :)

No comments: