Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Great perspective

Chris Webber of the Sacramento Kings has been unable to play basketball for almost a year, due to an injury and a short suspension. He's first day back is today, but check this bit of an article out from the Sacramento Bee Newspaper:

Webber has become accustomed to dealing with self-manufactured troublesome situations and often unrelenting criticism. He said he's trying a different approach for handling crises.

"That's how life is," he said. "I'm glad I went to see the 'Passion of Christ' (on Sunday night) because like they say, 'It's easy to love those that love you.'

"For the (Kings broadcaster) Grant Napears that know everything and people out there that didn't like me from Day 1 coming in, it just makes me go out there and say, 'You know what? I have nothing against you. I love you. I'm going to keep working hard, and I have nothing against you.' "

No comments: