Monday, December 06, 2004

An Indiana Minute

Whew! I just returned home about an hour ago from spending the quickest weekend of my life in Indiana! I went home last Thursday for my friend Heather's wedding in Indianapolis. Heather and I have been friends since high school, so it was great to be a part of her big day. I stayed at my parents' house and ate a yummy Dairy Queen heath bar blizzard in my few minutes of non-wedding free time. I also hit Target, Old Navy, and the grocery for a few goodies we miss. And I saw all of my grandparents. Cool. Ooh, the blessings of America. I realized, too, how thankful I am to have the opportunity to live in Austria and teach kids, which I LOVE. Despite the things that are different and annoying, I'm excited to be back in Vienna. I think I'm moving out of the major part of the transition experience that has plagued us over this first semester. Sometimes a dose of home is good medicine. So, overall it was a great weekend, and I'm happy that I don't have to board any airplanes for a long time!

No comments: