Sunday, February 11, 2007

My Chocolate Status

This is exciting!
I read a book called The Chocolate Connoisseur by Chloe Doutre-Roussel recently and loved it. It was light-hearted and very informative and I highly recommend it. So the book taught me a lot about the history of chocolate, various companies, specific tasting methods, a few recipes, health benefits of chocolate, etc.
Anyhow, I got the idea to look at her website recently. She used to be the chocolate buyer for Fortnum and Mason (some kind of top of the line grocery store in London) but now has left to do independent chocolate things. In looking at her website I thought I'd try emailing her a couple questions I had about good places to get chocolate and her recommendations. I was thinking, "I hope some employee of hers actually sends me some kind of response."

But, lo and behold, what did I find in my email inbox after only 2 days? An email from Chloe HERSELF! I guess this isn't impressive to probably any of you, but it was very much so to me. Her email was actually longer than what I wrote her. She gave me ideas and her opinions, specific brands, stores, and even a few links to some companies she was talking about. How great is that?

It makes me think about how much I want to hang out with and ask questions of TRUE chocolate MASTERS like her.

Please add a couple points to my Chocolate Status Card, thank you very much.

No comments: