Monday, June 09, 2008

Fire Truck Love

This past weekend Chris and I went to St. Louis for a friend's wedding, and the boys stayed with my parents in Indianapolis.  Friday afternoon my dad came home early from work, and was greeted by Cole begging to see some fire trucks.  Lately every conversation Cole has involves fire trucks, police cars, ambulances, tow trucks, and other vehicles with sirens.  He's fascinated, and the funniest part is that when he talks about these trucks, his voice gets higher and higher and he talks faster and faster.   So on Friday my dad took Cole to the fire station hoping to see a fire truck.   When they arrived, the fireman was filling the truck up with gas in the parking lot, so my dad and Cole got to touch the fire truck and sit in the cab!  Lucky Day!   The fire truck love continued, though, and on Sunday my dad took Cole back to the fire station after more begging. This time the fire truck was out, but they saw fire boats and a fire jeep.  Lucky Day Number 2!   Long live Cole's fire truck love. 

1 comment:

Christiane said...

What a lucky boy, and a sweet grandpa!