Thursday, July 10, 2008

Summertime


A few of my favorite things about this summer are Cole and Max playing together and our basil plant.   Strange, I know.   Since Max learned to sit up,  I have caught the boys playing together several times, often with Legos or cars.  I look forward to when they can chase each other...I think!   Also, since Max is so easily entertained while sitting up with a few toys and a cracker, I have more time to cook.  Goodbye, lame meals of the past.  Hello basil!  The basil plant is my newest favorite summer thing.  I bought it at our local farmer's market when it was tiny and now it's ready to use.  Last night I clipped off a few leaves and we ate it with our sun-dried tomato chicken off the grill.  YUM-O!  I loved it so much that tonight we put it on hamburgers, also off the grill, with cheese, avocado, and tomato.  MM MM GOOD.   Long live basil!   Did I mention that this is the first spring we've had our own yard to plant anything?  We love it! We're anxiously awaiting tomatoes, orange and green bell peppers, and yellow summer squash. Only a little while longer!   
Oh, and one more favorite thing about summertime...wagon rides with popsicles!  

No comments: