Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Free Thinkers

Another Kiseok moment...

I mentioned today how the Israelites wandered in the desert for 40 years because they wanted to live life their own way and not follow God's way. They made dumb decisions, they kept going away from God. So, punishment came. Life in the desert, wandering, wandering, and more wandering.
Kiseok raises his hand as I finish telling this little story that related to the day's lesson on God's judgment, and says, "Mrs. Frank, those Israelites must have been free thinkers. Just like Abraham Lincoln. I'm reading a book about him, and there was an example when people were asking him if God was real. He was a free thinker."
Then he proceeds to make the connection between sin and "free thinking" and how we can think freely to make our own decisions, and often sin results from that.

Did I tell you I think he's a genius? I just really appreciate all the things he has to share and his sweet spirit about doing that. He's curious, so curious about EVERYTHING.

His parents are not believers, either, so if you think of them, pray for them. Mr. and Mrs. Kim. (I know everyone in Korea is named Kim, but still!) Mr. Kim is a diplomat in the Korean Embassy, and Mrs. Kim does a lot to help out around school. They have two boys: Kiseok in my class and Kiju in 5th grade. Both boys' lives have been changed by this school. They will spend eternity in heaven with Jesus because of what they have experienced here.

Cool? I think so!

No comments: