Thursday, March 30, 2006

Home again

Annie and Cole just couldn't wait to get back home again. We're all here now - thanks so much for praying for a safe delivery for Anne and Cole, eventhough you didn't know his name yet. Cole is doing fine - sleeping right now in a bassinet that our neighbor let us borrow for a few months. He's been doing all the normal baby things (as far as we know) like sleeping, eating, filling up his diapers, and even using his manly power to pee on Anne. :) That was pretty funny - I'd heard boys do that sometimes, and Cole didn't waste any time.
Anne is feeling very well. She still needs more time to totally recover, though. I've been having thoughts about all of these changes - and thinking about how God views it all. There must be thousands and thousands of babies born every day. Somehow, God knows about and wants to be close to each and every person and situation (parents and child). That just doesn't make sense - how can he do that? He has set up an amazing system of how the human body works - both mother and baby. And the emotional things that go on also play into all of this. God really is a creative genius. But this makes me think of how we are all like children and some of the many comparisons the Bible makes between us and children; God and parents. I was an orphan and he adopted me. Crave God's words to me like a baby craves mom's milk. And then I think about how God loves me eventhough I'm not perfect, but he loves me because I'm his son. It's only better when I pay him attention back, like a parent and child.

Enough deep thoughts from Crispy.

1 comment:

heather said...

I'm so happy that everyone is home now and doing well! I so wish I could see and talk to you both and see little Cole.