Friday, June 09, 2006

Movin' Home

I moved out of my classroom yesterday at VCS. I brought home all of the things that have lived with me at school for the past 4 years. It was kind of like moving home. I brought home all the things that defined ME at school, and now I feel like I just moved in. You know the settled feeling when your room is exactly the way you like it so you can relax? All of Anne is home now.

I brought home my silver box. I brought home my Mrs. Frank sign and my faces collage from an art class with Shelley in Bloomington. I brought home my purple and yellow vase with stars on it that I painted years ago that lived on my desk. I brought home my fishbowl that I never used for fish, and my stuffed moose, Boomer. The most important things I brought home, I realized as I unpacked, are not the THINGS, though, but the memories I have of those things with my students in my classroom. I LOVE teaching. I LOVE the kids at VCS, and I LOVE even the lesson plans sometimes. But, I have a new job now...and I brought the old things with me to make new memories.

Maybe I need a fish for my fishbowl?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"But, I have a new job now...and I brought the old things with me to make new memories."

We love you, Anne Frank. We're so proud of you and Chris. Great choice!