Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Goodbyes stink!

This is my good friend, Laura. We took this picture at the 5K race we did a couple weeks ago. She lives just 3 blocks away from us and has 2 girls, one older than Cole and one younger. We played with them at least once a week all year long, and Laura was always the one who received my phone calls about baby medicine, solid food, or questions about anything else having to do with raising kids. I even called her the other day when I saw some naked kids at a downtown park because I knew she'd get a kick out of it! It has been so much fun to live life with Laura this year, and I honestly feel like no one else really understands my life with a baby here as much as she does. She was also a teacher when she came to Vienna, and has made the transition to mom life. So we spent our last morning together with the kids at the park today, and then said goodbye. She and her family are leaving for the summer tomorrow, but are coming back for another year at VCS. I'm learning that the saddest part of leaving VCS is leaving the people that you experience life with here. Goodbyes just stink!

No comments: