Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tips


Tip #1: DumDum lollipops are a perfect toddler distraction. They're super tiny, yet very appealing!  I took the boys to Target this morning.  Cole happily sucked on his green lollipop while we shopped, and Max slept.  No DumDums for Max yet. 

Tip #2: "Special drink from Starbucks" is a GREAT motivator.  Cole was protesting getting back in the car after our trip to Target.  So I bribed him with a "special drink from Starbucks" and he immediately sat still in his car seat.  We stopped at the drive-up window on our way home for an iced chai latte (my favorite!).  I drank it and then gave Cole his "special drink" for lunch: water in my Starbucks cup with leftover ice.   The result: I made lunch and ate in peace.  Cole didn't touch a bit of his lunch.  Go figure! 

1 comment:

Christiane said...

great tips, Anne! I, too, LOVE chai lattes...Mmm...