Thursday, February 21, 2008

Confessions



About a year ago I posted about my addiction to furniture rearranging.  Confession number one.  Now I have realized that I have a second addiction. Baking.  I bake all the time.  A day rarely goes by when I don't bake.  I look at my KitchenAid mixer standing proudly on my counter every morning and think to myself, "What I can I bake today?"  The thing is, there is ALWAYS something I'd like to try whether it be red velvet cake, lemon bars, chocolate mousse pie, or just brownies.  The sky is the limit!  Yum!  Baking is a great hobby for several reasons. It's scientific.  It's a blessing to those who eat the tasty products, although often a curse to their wastelines!  It's a way for Cole to learn about measurement and time.  It's a way for me to make my house smell great.  And, it's fuel for my husband's chocolate habit.  One of my favorite things to bake lately is cinnamon rolls.  I love baking them for my family, and since we spent last weekend in Indianapolis visiting my parents, it was naturally an occasion for cinnamon rolls!   See photo above...just out of the oven!   The other photo is of Miles and Cole being silly.   I couldn't resist posting that one either.   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look delicious! Can you share the recipe or is it a family secret?

Barnes Family said...

send me your recipe for the cinnamon rolls. i'm always looking for something new to bring to church on sun. mornings. yummy!!! haven't been baking a whole lot as i don't feel that great still, but soon i'll be back in the mood. it makes me happy when i see others bake and cook.

Anonymous said...

Chris & Anne,
WE enjoy checking out your blogspot.
My mouth is still watering from that foto of cinammon roles. WHat a lucky man Chris is!

TOm & JoAnn Richards