Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Up, Up & Up


Hi. We prayed in my class this morning, like we normally do, but something struck me about it I'd like to tell you about.
A couple things to preface...fourth graders LOVE to pray and they LOVE to pray for Baby Frank! So he has been covered in prayer for months as his arrival draws nearer. What a blessing! So today, Rina, a sweet Japanese girl in my class, prayed for Baby Frank.
SIDENOTE: The Japanese language is full of what we call vowel sounds, so it's interesting to hear the language spoken or see it written because there are vowels EVERYWHERE. It's sometimes silly! I'm sure it makes total sense in Japan and they wonder why we have consonant blends:).
So Rina. She prayed today for God to help Baby Frank grow up and up and up. I thought that was a great way to ask God to continue the work He has started in Baby Frank already. I'm not sure if that means he will keep growing taller and taller and taller, because there isn't much room left in my stomach, but still, I am thankful for Rina's simple way of stating something I so much long for.

No comments: