Tuesday, December 11, 2007

HUGE Blessings

Chris is going to post more pretty soon, too, but I can't help but share about the awesome things happening to us right now. Some of you may know that Chris has struggled since August with a job search. He has had several interviews and a lot of positive feedback, but nothing came from any of it. It has been discouraging for us, especially because our health insurance expired at the end of November, and we were counting on a job by then that would cover us as a family. Our baby is due December 30...soon! So November 30 came and went and nothing was changing.

Until last Friday! Chris interviewed for 2 jobs last week on Wednesday and Thursday. BOTH opportunities offered him a job on Friday! He chose to accept a job with NWS Enterprises. It's a small accounting company downtown Bloomington. He will have to share more later about the details. All I know is that we are SO thankful! I even find myself excited to iron his shirts and make him lunch. I wonder how long THAT will last! So I've been Christmas shopping this week, too, now that we know we'll have some income coming soon. Yahoo!

The other piece is about insurance. Chris's new job doesn't cover us until April 1, 2008. No luck with this pregnancy, unfortunately. So, we applied for Hoosier Healthwise Medicaid. I found out yesterday that my doctor does not accept this form of insurance, so I was fretting about switching doctors 3 weeks before my due date. I called what seemed like a million people and offices, including my doctor's office, to get this to work somehow, and nothing came of it. So I went to my regularly scheduled appointment yesterday afternoon, and when I arrived, the nurse told me not to worry because my doctors would accept Medicaid just for me in this situation. NO PROBLEM after all! Another HUGE blessing. Our baby can be born without our stress of paying for it out of our empty pockets, and Chris has a job that is a better opportunity than he could have ever designed on his own.

Thanks for sharing in our joy!

No comments: