Friday, April 18, 2008

Baking Day...and the Earthquake


I spent yesterday baking away for a wedding shower one of my mom's friends is having tonight.  It was so much fun!  I baked Minnesota Cocoa Brownies (thanks Linda Schwartz!), Brown Sugar Cookies, Brown Butter Blondies, and Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate chip cookies.   I made little favor bags for the shower, too.   If you are having a party and you need a baker, call me! 

And yes, we were awakened this morning at 5:45 a.m. because the earthquake was shaking our bed!  Chris halfway woke up, said "earthquake," and went back to sleep.  He's from CA.  Earthquakes are more normal there.  I, on the other hand, have never experienced awakening by shaking, so I couldn't go back to sleep.   Chris halfway woke up again a few seconds later and told me that if it happens again, we need to get the boys and stand under a doorframe.  Then, seconds later, Chris is dead asleep leaving me to anticipate the next shake.  None came, thankfully, and the boys slept through it all!  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

EARTHQUAKE!!!

So you want to live in California, huh? We'd love it if you did.
~ Bubba & Gammy

Mayson and Laura Morrissey said...

As a former Californian myself, I can certify that Chris was exactly right in his half-conscious directions to you. Now, if he can tell you how to turn off the gas main while he's half asleep, I'll be REALLY impressed! :)

old crazy tom said...

Anne,

That picture of your baking makes me salivate at the sight of them...could almost smell then as well.
We enjoy reading your blog!
Tom Richards (of the Osais sort)