Friday, April 25, 2008

Will He Ever Get It?


Okay, so we just started potty training this week, and we have had relative success so far.  But really...how many times will Cole pee all over our floor before he gets it?   He's been wearing underwear at home and we visit the toilet every 45 minutes or so.  Sometimes with a popsicle, a cookie, a good book, or some tractors and cars.  Sometimes just having a funny conversation keeps him there for a few minutes.   Sometimes he just sits there and nothing happens. Sometimes he does his business quickly.   Sometimes he sits there for 15 minutes, nothing happens, he gets up and pees all over the bathroom floor.  Yikes!  I know this is normal...but it's taking me way out of my comfort zone of control!   The thing that gets me the most is how he can just pee in his underwear and not be phased by it.   Really!   Cole and I are both learning, and I am doing way more laundry.  It's new territory for us...that's for sure! 

3 comments:

Kels_Caleb said...

big smiles...ohh the joys of potty training!
caleb was a big fan of cheerios in the toilet - sink the cheerios with the pee. true, cole is sitting now not standing but it's still fun to stick cheerios in the toilet!

Christiane said...

I have to say that ever since I was pregnant with Lucy, potty training is the one part of parenting that I have dreaded. I will have a hard time letting go of the control piece too! Good luck - sounds like you are being very patient and have some fun treats to help get you (or Cole) through it :)

Lisa Joy said...

I'm there with ya, Anne! Yesterday morning, Ian peed right before breakfast, then as I lifted him from his chair after breakfast, he peed all over me. Fun.

Right now as I type in another room, he's reading a book to himself on the toilet, trying to poop.

We must have hope! :) Let me know of any ideas you have that have worked so far, and I'll pass along any that I have!