Monday, October 17, 2005

16 Week Baby Facts

Well...I've been searching on babycenter.com over the past few days, and I've learned a few interesting things about our 16 week old baby.
1. He or she can hear sound now, not just vibrations, since the ears are close to fully developed, so Chris is prepping the iPod with Crispy's hits so the baby can learn early about U2, Lenny Kravitz, Ben Folds, and other of dad's favorite bands.
2. He or she is 4.5 inches long and weighs about 3.5 ounces. Imagine an avocado in my stomach.
3. His or her heart is pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and that's suppose to increase to 190 by month 9!
4. Toe nails are starting to form this week.
I think that's about it for now. I've really loved babycenter.com because they email me and say, "Hi, Anne, you're 16 weeks pregnant. Here are some things you should know this week." Then it is really great to find out about everything from clothes to healthy snacks to birthing videos. I'm not so anxious about those videos, yet:).
We're going to the doctor on Wednesday, so stay tuned for more information about Baby Frank!

No comments: