Monday, October 17, 2005

Pulling Out My Hair

Not literally. I feel like it some days, though. Uggh. My student teacher has officially taken over my classroom this week, and she'll be fully in charge until November 17th. I'm stuck in this tension between being involved to advise and make sure the kids are still learning and I also need to be disconnected some so Elizabeth can have time to herself, experiment, do it her style. But it's making me crazy. I literally have 4 weeks with NOTHING to do at school. I've been getting jobs from other teachers, making games for them, laminating, or searching for information on the internet, but it's not teaching, which is why I'm here. So I'm stuck, and pulling my hair out. I'd rather be in or out. Not in between. I heard today that's a characteristic of my personality type according to the Myers-Briggs Personality Test. I'm and ESFJ, and something that comes with it is an all or nothing mentality. I'm definitely that. And right now I'm not all or nothing. It stinks.

No comments: