Friday, June 17, 2005

Flip a Coin Game

Tonight we played a new game! Before that, though, I experimented with Indian cooking. I made Dry Chicken Curry, and it was successful! I never imagined how many different spices go into one tasty Indian dish. I went to the Nashmarkt today to investigate. I bought garam masala (a common Indian spice mixture), curry leaves, and turmeric. I also used chili powder, garlic, cumin, and freshly grated ginger. It was so much fun. Our friend Heidi came over for dinner, too. She's here for the next two weeks before her vacation home, so we've been hanging out.

Now on to our new game. We decided tonight after dinner that we'd go to the O strassenbahn stop near our apartment building. We flipped a coin. Heads meant we'd ride it right, and tails meant we'd ride it left. We then rode until the next possible stop where we could switch to another strassenbahn. We then flipped a coin again. Heads we stay on, tails we get off. We did this for two hours in Vienna, and we experienced some new parts of the city! We took pictures along the way. You never know what teachers will do with free time:). Scroll down!

No comments: