Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Food Dilemma Part 2...and our view























Cole and I visited Dr. Stein today. After weeks of worrying about her response to my defiance of her advice, I'm happy to say that no neck ringing or condemning took place! I told her the truth about feeding Cole solid food before 6 months, and her response was "okay" and so relaxed. She told me to keep going with the food, and that was that. All that stressing out for nothing!
Cole is growing and growing...19.5 pounds. All of our stairs PLUS a baby to carry a couple times a day is keeping me fit!
So here's my next dilemma: Dr. Stein says no dairy before 1 year old. No yogurt, cheese, or milk (of course!) BUT my Super Baby Food book says yogurt is good after 6 months. So...as I learn from my mistakes...I might try yogurt in a week or so. After the acorn squash, pumpkin, papaya, mango, zucchini, and carrots that I have waiting in the wings!
Lastly, above you see a most familiar view of our stroller and orange building up in the distance. This is the way Cole and I walk home from the Prater park after walking or playing in the baby swing. The other photo is the view, which I'm sure we've posted before, of downtown Vienna from our spot along the canal. The Danube Canal is across the street from our building, so we visit it for flip flop walks often. The longer we live here, the more I think of that view as MY view. I wonder if others do, too?

No comments: