Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Staff Retreat

So this past weekend we had our annual Staff Retreat with the entire VCS staff. It was great fun! Chris dressed up as India Arie and did a lip sync with some other staff to her song I Am Not My Hair. Cole won the hearts of yet more people, especially his high school babysitters. They wanted to steal him from us! We played ultimate frisbee and I learned a new card game, Pit. It's full of shouting... perfect for me! It's a wonder the Luginbills haven't discovered this game yet. Maybe next summer?
The speaker this weekend, Donovan Graham, was the highlight of the retreat. He's a retired professor, and now he and his wife, Wilma, are missionaries with World Harvest in Dublin, Ireland. He spent the weekend talking about living redemptively. Basically, this means living your life like you really believe the truth about Jesus. It gave us lots to think about, and related a lot to a bible study I've been doing about the book of Galatians with some girls on staff. Just this week, I read this...
The gospel (good news about Jesus) teaches us to say:
"I am more sinful and flawed than I ever dared believe" AND "I am more accepted and loved than I ever dared hope."
All in all...a super weekend!

No comments: