Sunday, September 03, 2006

Good Weekend

Our weekend included:

Saturday - we went to the grand opening festivities for the extended U-Bahn (subway system). This particular line was extended right by our school so now there is a stop across the street from VCS. Makes our commute much easier! Anyhow, Austrians know how to have festivities. At 5 or 6 different subway stations there were all kinds of live music with big Austrian names, stands with food and drink, free balloons for kids, free pastries at some of the new bakeries in the subway stations, etc. It was crowded with people because it's usually a good time when Austrians throw festivities like this. Tomorrow morning (Monday) I'll get to enjoy the true benefits of this extension!

Then later on, Thomas, Mollie, and Thad came over to hang out and have dinner. A good relaxing time for all. They are new to VCS and are from Mississippi. They have a blog too!

Sunday - We hung out at home with Cole, went on a walk through Prater (local park), and went to church. We've been going to a new church since the summer called C.I.G. After the service tonight, a lady approached me and asked if I was the Business Manager at VCS. I said yes and she thanked me deeply for allowing her child to come to VCS. Her son already graduated from VCS and was the first Austrian to go from Kindergarten through 12th at VCS. Now her daughter is going to VCS, starting tomorrow. There were some special circumstances that the school administration and I worked out for her to come and the mother was thanking me with teary eyes. Anne saw this and almost started crying too. (I didn't cause I'm tough). Then the daughter came up to me later and thanked me herself - pretty mature for a new 7th grader. I'm not sure if Anne will talk about this, but this was a big encouragement for her to see how it really is important that we are here and that God really is using us. Well, me too. :)

No comments: