Thursday, September 14, 2006

Time Flies!


Time is sure flying around the Frank household...or apartmenthold! Cole supported the Indianapolis Colts on Monday morning after learning of their season opener victory. He's sitting up pretty well on his own now, and loves to reach for toys. I love the image above because you can see the smile on his face as he grabs. The other day we went to the Naschmarkt, a huge outdoor food market, and I bought sweet potatoes, pears, and sunflowers. Cole was hungry, so we bought a banana for 35 cents and I fed it to him while he sat up in his stroller and smiled at the passers by. Such fun!
Today is elementary chapel day...a day I get so excited about. I get to see the kids at VCS and teach them about Jesus. Today we're studying the first line of the Lord's Prayer, "Our Father in Heaven." I'm looking forward to it.
Last week I wore pink shoes to chapel. All the kids commented and questioned eagerly. I told them I bought the shoes 2 summers ago in the USA, and they wowed at them even more. One Phillipino fourth grade boy asked me, "do those shoes still pass even though you bought them so long ago?" That's the English translation of a German way to ask that type of question. They use the word "pass" for a lot. Anyway, I said, "yes, my shoes pass because when you get to be an adult, your feet stop growing." Puzzled, he looked at me and said, "well, my shoes just keep getting smaller." The conversation continued back and forth like this until finally I gave up trying to explain that really his FEET were getting BIGGER. Sigh...someday he'll get it! I wonder which shoes I'll wear to chapel today?

1 comment:

Barnes Family said...

anne,
hey girl! sweet pics of cole. he's getting so big, sitting up by himself. time flies! as for my video clip-i just took a quick video on my camera and uploaded it to dropshots.com. on dropshots they show you how to add it to your blog. it was super easy once i uploaded it. it took awhile, but it was worth it. my friend mel is serving in indonesia with pioneers. this would be great for your family to see cole's first steps and words and so forth. i'm gonna get holland walking next. she's a machine!!!