Sunday, August 20, 2006

I Have PROOF!

So, for the past few days, I've been telling Anne that Cole hates me. OK, maybe I've been overreacting, but he seriously seems to be inconsolable whenever I try to do anything with him. Only the very best things that he loves kept him from crying - when I gave him a bath (he didn't cry, but didn't laugh) and when he slept (he slept).

So today, I babysat Cole. He cried himself hoarse. Literally. I tried everything under the sun - all kinds of things that he used to laugh and laugh about. No dice.
He slept a little, but threw off any schedule mom had set up this morning. So, when Anne came home he was.... you guessed it. Screaming his face off.
So Anne mercifully took him and held him.
Guess what?
He stopped crying.
INSTANTLY.

Seriously. That cuts me real deep, Cole-man.
What's a daddy supposed to do???

Could it be that I'm hairy? Could it be because I don't have the special food source? Could it be my deeper voice? Me no know.

No comments: